Seasons Greeting Everyone!
2022, what a year…
I can’t quite believe we are at the end of it! As we often say in moments of quick reflection, where did the time go!
I’d like to start off by expressing my deepest gratitude and thanks to everyone at Radio 4EB and the wider 4EB community for what has been a huge year. Thank you to all our broadcasters, members, subscribers, volunteers, core staff team, the board and group committees. This is a special reminder that you are all what makes Radio 4EB continue to thrive and tick with greatness! Your invaluable contribution to the organisation and the community is deeply appreciated and we would not have made it through another year without you all.
Some may have found 2022 to be an incredible year, others may have journeyed through some trials, tribulations and a bit of turbulence. However, I hope that upon reflecting on the past 12 months, it will enable you to find peace and light this season whilst looking forward to an exciting, uncertain and more joyful new year.
Upon reflecting 2022 for Radio 4EB, here is a snapshot of Radio 4EB’s achievements:
- Radio 4EB became The Queensland Government’s official media partner for the 2022 Multicultural Queensland Month (MQM) – www.qld.gov.au/multiculturalmonth
- Successful bid for a significant fund from the Walkley Foundation under the Facebook Australian News Fund which contributed to officially launching our radio newsroom to train and support community journalists from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, increasing the availability of content relevant to diverse communities right across Australia.
- Partnership with Queensland Police Services and the Brisbane Youth Detention Centre to pilot a successful delivery of Radio 4EB’s 4K WAVE program consisting of 20 workshop sessions in broadcasting, podcasting and music with targeted youth at-risk remanded in custody.
- The delivery and soft launch of ‘Many Voices’ project, campaign, and online resource
- The Radio 4EB team hit the road again this year and headed out West and Far North Queensland, to broadcast from the Women of the World Festival at Longreach, Cairns, and Logan in South East Queensland as an event partner to Women of the World. This later saw Radio 4EB win an award at the Community Broadcasting Association of Australia’s conference in Cairns for Best Special Event Broadcast in 2022.
- Radio 4EB went Regional with Arts Nexus Partnership announcing a new partnership, for 4EB to have a physical presence in the regions
- With over $50,000 dollars pledged, this years Radiothon has been a success. Radiothon is a vital fundraising endeavour which greatly assists in the operation of the station we all know and love. To everyone who got involved, had some fun and raised some money for the worthwhile cause of keeping Radio 4EB on the air; thank you!
Congratulations to all on successfully producing such achievements. I know a well deserved break is calling for you all! In saying this, Radio 4EB’s office will close from Friday 22nd December, 2022 from 4:30pm and will open back up in the new year on Tuesday 3rd January 2023 from 9:00am. 4EB Production staff will be available between Wednesday 28th December, 2022 to the 30th December, 2022.
Also if you noticed or had the chance to soak it up, please take a moment to check out our fresh new Zen garden beautifully made over by our wonderful gardeners!
Again, thank you so much, everyone, for your hard work, resilience, and commitment. We hope that this festive and holiday season brings you all the joy and happiness for you and your loved ones. Have a fantastic one ahead! May the holiday spirit bring you peace and joy, as well as everything you desire for the new year to come! Stay safe, take care and see you in 2023