Shyam Das has migrated to Australia in 1988 and married with children, has been actively involved in social activities in different capacities with different communities from India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Singapore, Thailand and many others since 1989. His association with Radio 4eb has been since 1992 as an active committee member of the Indian Programming Group and very passionate about Radio 4eb. Some of the highlights of his achievements under his leadership are as below.
Iconic events in the multicultural calendar of Queensland – Diwali (Festival of Lights) 2020 and 2021 were held at the Brisbane City Hall and at King George Square respectively, India Australia Day, Multicultural Community Sports, workshops on domestic violence, cyber bully, mental health, India Day Fair at Roma Street Parklands and many more including fundraising for charities. 35 years Celebration of the Indian Programming Group with Radio 4eb and Multicultural Carnival at the Rocklea Ground as the Convenor of Indian Programming Group, of Radio 4eb. Surplus of the fund was donated to the Building Fund of Radio 4eb.
Some of his portfolios held in the past are as below:
1. President – Federation of Indian Communities of Queensland Inc. (FICQ)
2. President – Global Organisation of People of Indian Origin Inc., Qld Chapter (GOPIO)
3. President – Bengali Society of Queensland Inc.
4. Vice President – Australia India Business Council, Queensland Chapter
5. President – Brisbane Indian Prestige Lions Clun Inc.
6. Convenor – Indian Programming Group (Radio 4eb)
7. Director – Gandhi Salt March Ltd
8. Director – Ethnic Broadcasting Association of Qld Ltd.(Radio 4eb)
Shyam Das is the Managing Director of a very successful and awarded travel and tourism company in Brisbane and serving the community since 1989. He would like to share his expertise and vast experience in community engagements and social activities to bring about more developments and sustainability for the betterment of Radio 4eb.
Shyam Das, very strongly believes in multiculturalism, unity in diversity, peace, and inclusiveness.