Celebrating the Cook Islands for over 10 years on RADIO 4EB 98.1fm Saturday 3 – 7am
We acknowledge the traditional people past, present and future of this land we call home.
KIA ORANA! That’s G’day in the Cook Islands language.
Above is our national flag, the stars represent the 15 heavenly islands God created and make up our small but vibrant country in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
Thank you to Radio 4eb, a lifeline that reaches out from beautiful Brisbane, Queensland to the rest of our families throughout Australia over to New Zealand Aotearoa and back to the homeland for over 10 great years.
AKARONGO MAI – LISTEN IN:
Every Saturday morning tune in from 3 – 5 to our Pre recorded music mix of the old favourites and latest tunes from talented Cook Islands artists.
Live from 5 -7am in the 4eb studio with the Cook Islands crew with local news, requests and thoughts on the week gone by and week ahead.
Alternating the airwaves Saturday mornings on Radio 4eb with Cook Islands music-local infotainment in Cook Islands Maori and English.
Convenor Kevin Dando (Broncos, Queensland, All Blacks fan) Tupeia Dando (Sweet in our team) Papa Mata Moeroa (Referee & voice of calm) Maru Tou (Mr Take it Easy)
* We remember the beautiful gift we were given, knowing and serving our community with the late Mrs Nane Tou, who was a broadcaster for over 10 years and who left us too early in late 2014. Rest in peace our lovely sister.
YOU CAN CONTACT US
(07) 3240-8686 in studio or (07) 3240-8600 office hours Mon-Fri
You can help keep our vaka afloat with a membership (more info on website), by advertising in our programme or donation.
Meitaki Maata! (Thank you!)
A BIT OF 4EB HISTORY
The Cook Islands Group began broadcasting at Radio 4EB 15 November 1996.
- Miha Mitchell
- Piritau Nga
- Robert Nicholas
* 2005 saw a proud moment for the Cook Islands Programme/Group with the presentation of the Inaugural 4eb President’s Shield. (Recognition of a group’s effort and support to the station and their individual community)
* Ongoing relationship for the past 10 years with Bernard Tairea, Pacfic Language Program Director and Head Producer of the Cook Islands Programme on 531 P.I and NUI FM- broadcast live every Monday from 6pm (Pacific Media Network in NZ)
* 2012 saw the beginning of the Cook Islands Council of Queensland Inc under the presidency Mr Moeara Moeara. In partnership with the Cook Islands programme on 4eb we give updates and information affecting our community in Southeast Queensland.
For more information email: email@example.com or Facebook cicql
* 2014 saw 10 years of the Cook Islands program under the leadership of Kevin Dando, a special presentation and dinner was held at 4EB. Also that same year, acknowledgement of our contribution to the promotion of Cook Islands music was made at the inaugural Tangi Reka Music Awards in NZ.
*August 4th 2015 is the 50th commemoration of the Constitution Celebrations (Te Maeva Nui) in rememberance of self independence in tne Cook Islands. Events are planned so stay tuned, SE QLD date is July 4th.
A BIT ABOUT OUR HOMELAND
THE NATION of the Cook Islands comprises of 15 islands spread over 850,000 square miles (2.2 million square kilometres) of ocean in the middle of the South Pacific between Tonga to the west and the Society Islands to the east.
The Cook Islands consists of two main groups, one in the North (Tokerau) and one in the South (Tonga)
The southern group is nine “high” islands mainly of volcanic origin although some are virtually atolls. The majority of the population lives in the southern group. The northern group comprises six true atolls.
The Cook Islands uses New Zealand currency.
- Aitutaki (Araura)
- Atiu (Enuamanu)
- Mangaia (Au’au)
- Mauke (Akatokamanava)
- Rarotonga (Tumutevarovaro)
- Penrhyn (Tongareva)
- Pukapuka (Ulu o te watu)
For the latest Cook Islands News click on the link:
Listen to Cook Islands Radio Show in NZ Mondays from 6pm
28 Mar 2020, 3am Tangi Reka (Cook Islands) The latest in Cook Island news and music
21 Mar 2020, 3am Tangi Reka (Cook Islands) The latest in Cook Island news and music
14 Mar 2020, 3am Tangi Reka (Cook Islands) The latest in Cook Island news and music
28 Mar 2020, 5am Te Rangi i te Akirata (Cook Islands) The latest in Cook Island news and music
21 Mar 2020, 5am Te Rangi i te Akirata (Cook Islands) The latest in Cook Island news and music
14 Mar 2020, 5am Te Rangi i te Akirata (Cook Islands) The latest in Cook Island news and music
7 Mar 2020, 5am Te Rangi i te Akirata (Cook Islands) The latest in Cook Island news and music